The best morning routine that changed my life

 



Step 1 - Get up too early

It might sound extreme, but instead of waking up about 30 minutes before I had to leave the house, I added a whole hour to it.


Yes, I now have an hour and a half to prepare.


The reason is that this is the time it takes for me to complete my morning routine.


If you think this is crazy, don't worry. Me too, until I tried it myself.


It doesn't mean that I do a million things in the morning and take that long, but just because I'm doing things a lot slower now and enjoying my mornings.


I have found that the longer my body takes to wake up, the more relaxed I am during the day.


Guys, urgent stress is a THING.


You can definitely have a shorter morning routine than this, but after trying a few routines with different times, this was the best option for me.


Step 2 - Wake up my body

As soon as my alarm goes off, I get out of bed and head for the bathroom. The snooze button is the heck, and if I click snooze it will take a lot longer for me to wake up. So I don't sleep anymore.



If you're looking for a shake-free alarm clock to wake you up in the morning, consider getting a sunrise alarm clock! This type of wake-up will wake you up more slowly, giving your body a more natural way to wake up.


After brushing my teeth and washing my face, I grab my reusable water bottle and drink some water.

When we wake up after a night's sleep, our bodies are very dehydrated. Drink  water in the morning. Its very important.


Water not only tastes amazing in the morning, drinking water in the morning has also been proven to help wake you up.


Step 3: Coffee, Diary & Meditation

I never had breakfast at home in the morning. I didn't have time. ”I now have time to prepare it and wait for it to cool down so I can drink it.


While I wait for my coffee to cool down, I pull out my gratitude journal and write down the things I'm grateful for, set an intention for the day, and read a list of affirmations I've written down.



You might be thinking, “what's the need to write down things. A few months ago, I would have agreed with you. I also thought it was unnecessary and a waste of time.


What I've learned since then, however, is that how you start your day is probably how it will go.


Every time I repeat affirmations in the morning and write what I'm grateful for, I immediately put myself in a good mood and my days are just… better. Taking this time each morning to work on my thoughts was one of the best things I have done in a long time.


I also hear guided meditation during this time, something that I have never done in my life.


Step 4: Exercise


I don't do cardio or weightlifting in the morning, or anything that extreme.


My training consists of stretches, a few yoga poses, and maybe push-ups or sit-ups. Basically, I do what I feel like doing that morning and it wakes me up more. Because that's what the movement does. It helps our body to wake up completely.


If you like to run a few miles in the morning or go to the gym, you have more strength.


Step 5: Listen to a podcast / audiobook during the exchange

I listened to music in the morning. I LOVE music and still listen to it all the time, but not in the morning. My mornings have become a matter of state of mind and I love it. I mainly listen to motivational podcasts. If I'm not listening to a podcast, I'm listening to an audiobook.


Step 6: Read

 I have to say that reading in the morning when you are awake is a very different experience from reading in the evening before going to bed. Although I love to fall asleep with a good book, reading in the morning is something that I enjoy lately.


The amount of books I read depends on how I feel reading that day. Some days I read a blog post that I find useful, other times I read a few pages from a motivational book. It depends.


It's here! My own morning routine that has literally changed my life.


I also want to point out that, as "perfect" as it sounds in writing, some days I just don't feel like doing it all. Or none of that, for that matter. I'm human, so sometimes I do fall asleep and have to hurry a bit, and I certainly don't do that on weekends.

Comments

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Found your blog from upwork!! Great job, keep it up. And I do feel i can help you scale it to next level. - Linkedin.com/in/anurag0581

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment